Day-Of Wedding Coordination
You've meticulously planned the event of your dreams, so now allow yourself the freedom to enjoy it!
Jen will oversee every detail, assist every vendor, handle any emergency that arises, and keep your wedding running smoothly so that you can savor every moment of the day, all for one of the most reasonable and competitive coordination rates in New England.
- Initial consultation with the couple
- One additional in-person/on-location meeting
- Unlimited email, phone, Skype, and text messaging
- Etiquette advisement
- Vendor recommendations
- Vendor proposal and contract reviews
- Confirmation of arrival times, delivery locations, and services provided with all wedding vendors
- Reception floor plan creation with the couple
- Comprehensive wedding day itinerary distributed to all vendors
- Final collection and delivery of all items to be set up on the wedding day, such as signs and easels, toasting glasses, cake toppers and serving sets, candles, etc.
- Act as point of contact for all vendors for the entirety of the wedding day
- Handle all questions and concerns
- Greet event vendors upon arrival
- Supervision of ceremony set up, including seating, floral, decor, and legal paperwork
- Coordination of ceremony processional, including musical cues
- Supervision of reception set up, including seating plan, all floral, and decor
- Execution of reception timeline (done in conjunction with the band/DJ and caterer)
- Supervision of mid-reception set up of events, activities, or featured tables
- Distribution of final vendor payments and gratuities
- Assistance with breakdown and packing up at the end of the night
...and so much more!
My venue has a coordinator on site
Do I need an additional DOC?
This question comes up a lot, and the answer is YES! The difference between an on-site "event coordinator" and an independent DOC like Jen is that one works for you, and one works for the venue.
The on-site coordinator will watch over your wedding, but also has a long list of other demands on his/her attention. Your on-site coordinator is managing the kitchen, supervising the servers, bar-backing, and handling other venue-related issues that arise. Their first and foremost priority is to their employer - the venue. The on-site "event coordinator" is not a replacement for a true day-of coordinator. This is a position that has been created by catering companies so that engaged couples feel they are receiving added value for their large investment.
A DOC, however, works for you. Jen's exclusive focus is on you and your wishes, and she knows your wedding (and your other vendors) inside and out. The rental company brought the wrong chairs or linens... a guest stepped on your gown and ripped out the bustle... the shuttle driver is lost, and your ceremony starts in 10 minutes. As your DOC, Jen can (and has!) handle all of this. Further, your DOC assists your other vendors so that they can more effectively perform their jobs, ensuring that your whole event runs smoothly and you get the best performance out of your vendor team.
In addition, a DOC is there with you for the entire day, keeping you on track and organized. An on-site coordinator may leave your event early, and even if they don't, they will only see you for the 4 hours of your reception - and they may not even be present for your ceremony!
Jen is an experienced, sought-after wedding professional who will work with you to meet your needs and fit your budget. On your wedding day, allow yourself, your bridal party, and your families to relax. Trust Jen to take care of all the little details on a very busy day. Your wedding will be in capable hands!